Low temperature underfloor heating is embedded in the floor or placed under the floor covering. As such it occupies no wall space and creates no burn hazards, nor is it a hazard for physical injuries due to accidental contact leading to tripping and falling.
Advantages of under floor heating:
- Comfortable even temperature throughout the room
- Invisible and minimal maintenance
- A great way to heat rooms with high ceilings
- No drafts
- Reduced dust (great for families with allergies)
Types of installation includes
In-slab heating is the most popular choice for new homes and extensions where a new slab is being poured.
Installation is very simple and takes place as soon as the reinforcing mesh is down (usually the day before the concrete pour)
Advantages of under floor heating include:
- Low cost – In slab is usually the cheapest type of underfloor heating to install
- Off peak or peak power – Where off peak or smart meters are available the system can be connected to reduced rate night time electricity. When the under floor heating is operated overnight with off-peak power it is possible to keep your home warm 24/7 throughout the winter at a reasonable cost.
- Suitable for most floor coverings – the concrete heats evenly so the system can be used for polished concrete, all kinds of stone and tiles, carpet and even many direct stick wood floors
- Zoned to suit your home – Can be installed in any room and zoned independently, but typical installation is in the main open plan living area (kitchen/family/dining) plus lounge
Alpha Air believe the investment in heating is extremely important and we take it very seriously. As this is a long term investment our clients makes for their future, financially and personal comfort. Therefore we believe it is essential to view the premises where the heating will be installed with our potential customers.
In this free consultation we offer the following information, which cannot be worked out remotely:
- The types of heating available-ducted, hydronic or reverse cycle
- If cooling is required
- The most efficient heating in terms of energy consumption and running costs
- The size of the unit you require for the most efficient operation
- The best brands for the heating equipment
- Discussion about the warranty provided from the different brands
If you already know what you want, we will help with any advice on the best installation and setup from our vast experience.
After the free consultation we will work out the best system for you, with input from team members and make our recommendation via a formal proposal.
Call Alpha to Update Your System
Find out what best suits you and your family! Give Alpha Air’s experienced team a call today on 1300 854 525, or click here to get a FREE quote. You can also visit us for heating and cooling in Melbourne: pop into our office at F6 / 310-312 Governor Rd, Braeside VIC 3195.